The Encore team is continuously improving enCloud and enSite device management systems to make managing your EN Series routers easier. The latest update will be released along with a new device firmware version - 250.00 for the EN1000, EN2000, and EN2000DS (Dual SIM) routers. enCloud will be updated on January 18, 2020 and the 250.00 firmware will be available through enCloud on the same day.
CHANGES AND ENHANCEMENTS TO enCLOUD™ FOR USERS
- The ability to edit parameters via enCloud without having to log into the device.
- The ability to connect and log in to remote devices with public dynamic IP addresses or IP addresses behind firewalls using HTTPS.
- Configuration files contain a firmware version number which will ensure that Config files cannot be installed on incompatible versions of firmware
- Corrected the possibility where Uptime Reports would not report downtime if the downtime occurred at the beginning or end of the report time frame.
CHANGES AND ENHANCEMENTS TO enCLOUD™ FOR ADMINS
- Failure alerts have been added to the firmware and config update process so admins can be notified of an unsuccessful firmware or configuration update attempt.
- Further error checking on the device ensures that tasks are completed or have failed even after a reboot
- Multiple device task codes can be completed at once instead of each task being completed at consecutive check ins. This will speed up the completion of simple device tasks.
- There are four exceptions to the above, tasks that require a reboot to complete.
- Firmware update - 1006
- Reset to defaults – 1026
- Config update – 1010
- Reboot - 1016
- These tasks are executed in order because If they fail, they will fail all subsequent tasks assigned at the same time. This condition is known as a HALT
enSITE SPECIFIC UPDATES
- All of the above enCloud updates are also included in enSite
- enSite will now contain an authentication module for use with LDAP or RADIUS services
FIRMWARE VERSION 250 UPDATES FOR EN1000, EN2000, AND EN2000DS
- Beginning with version 250.00, firmware versions will be in the following easier to read format AAAAA_AA_AA_XXX.YY.ZZ that will increment sequentially (Ex. 17322_05_00_250.01.02)
- AAAA_AA_AA_ represents base software
- XXX represents a major feature addition.
- YY represents a bug fix or minor feature addition.
- ZZ represents internal testing versions of code.
- 250 Firmware includes a new status code for use with enCloud. The new status code will denote that a task is supported but that the value entered is invalid which is different than the existing task not supported code
- 5 – invalid input
- means the task is supported but the input received is invalid or incorrect
- For example, if you enter 192.168.10.1.1 for LAN IP address
- A custom error message will also be returned describing what is wrong with the input
- 3 – task not supported
- Means that the task itself is not supported by the device
- Editable parameters through enCloud are now supported.
- The ability to connect and log in to remote devices with public dynamic IP addresses or IP addresses behind firewalls using HTTPS is available through enCloud
- Added a script package for upgrades from legacy versions of firmware (246 and below) to firmware version 250 through enCloud.
- These changes keep a device from being mislabeled as a Dual Sim device when it is actually a single sim device
- Performs error checks to ensure Firmware updates from the previous format to the new format of firmware versions were successful
- enCloud task responses have been updated to make failure cases more descriptive
- Added the Signal to Noise Ratio to status screen for EN1000s with supported modules
- Added the reboot cause to the status screen
- Added LTE Band description (EARFCN) to the status page
- Added support for Quectel EG25-G Sprint CAT4 modules
- Support for LTE band selection is enabled for the Telit LM960 module
- Changed the default MTU parameter to 1500 for all cellular modules except the Sequans modules which have a default of 1360
The enCloud update will take place on 01/18/2020 at 10:00 PM US Eastern Standard time and will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Note For questions about the enCloud or enSite updates please contact Brad Pool at 703-318-4317 or email@example.com
For questions about the 250.00 firmware update please contact Encore Tech Support at 703-318-4350